The ES920 is the latest addition to Kawaiʼs ES range of high specification portable digital pianos, and the long-awaited successor to the extremely popular and multi-award winning ES8.
This brand new 2020 model features an improved version of the highly-regarded Responsive Hammer III keyboard action, with redesigned key switches that deliver superior durability and performance. The ES920ʼs core acoustic piano sounds have also been refreshed for enhanced playability, with additional Virtual Technician parameters inherited from Kawaiʼs latest Concert Artist models that allow even greater flexibility and customisation. Complementing its improved acoustic piano sounds, the ES920 also features brand new electric piano, drawbar and jazz organ, electric bass, harpsichord, and strings sounds, allowing a broad range of music styles to be performed.
As with Kawaiʼs recent console instruments, the ES920 incorporates technologies developed in collaboration with premium audio equipment manufacturer, Onkyo, and features a new motherboard and amplification system designed to deliver richer, higher quality sound. The pianoʼs updated control panel retains the intuitive operation of its predecessor, while adding dedicated EQ faders and a modern OLED display for enhanced real-time control. In addition to standard MIDI, USB, and audio connectors, the ES920 also supports Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality, allowing the instrument to be used seamlessly with Kawaiʼs growing library of iOS and Android apps, or for audio from a smartphone or tablet to be played through the pianoʼs premium amplifier and speaker system without additional cables.
The ES920 features a brand new exterior design and lightweight body weighing just 17 kg – almost 6 kilos lighter than its predecessor. As the most portable piano in its class, the ES920 is an excellent choice for gigging or studio musicians, yet also ideally suited to academic and religious institutions. However, when attached to the dedicated HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, the ES920 is transformed into a stylish, ultra-compact piano replacement, delivering an exceptional playing experience for the lounge, office, or bedroom.
New Features & Improvements
- IMPROVED: Responsive Hammer III keyboard action with redesigned key switches
- IMPROVED: Improved acoustic piano sounds and updated Virtual Technician parameters
- IMPROVED: Enhanced Touch Curve setting with 10 selectable touch presets
- NEW: Electric Piano, Drawbar and Jazz Organ, Electric Bass, Harpsichord, and Strings sounds
- NEW: Motherboard developed in partnership with Onkyo for improved tonal clarity
- NEW: Updated control panel with 4-band EQ faders and modern OLED graphic display
- NEW: Support for latest PianoRemote control app for iOS/Android
- NEW: Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality with aptX support for wireless audio playback
- NEW: Stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis weighing 17 kg
- NEW: Modern HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, support for GFP-3 triple pedal unit (stand / pedal units sold separately)